Corona information in English
Dear Texel guest,
You will soon be visiting Texel. This letter will provide you with information regarding how the corona measures will impact your visit and how you can effectively prepare. Please read the information on the government’s website before your visit. This will provide you with details of all the measures you need to abide by. Make sure you check your own national government’s travel advice before leaving, too. We are counting on your cooperation.
The basic RIVM rules also apply on Texel
Please abide by the basic Dutch rules against the coronavirus. These rules apply to everyone.
TESO ferry & public transport
- You can purchase your ferry ticket before your departure on www.teso.nl.
- Take a look at any measures in place which apply to the ferry ports and on board before your departure on www.teso.nl. You will also find the latest timetable here.
- You can find information regarding all the measures currently in place on Texel’s public transport on www.texelhopper.nl.
Restaurants, shopping, entertainment & culture
Please refer to the government’s website for all the current measures in place per subject:
Our healthcare is currently organized a little differently:
- You can only visit GP practices by prior appointment
- Health complaints are dealt with over the phone as much as possible. Try to get in touch with your own GP during the week first, if at all possible.
- Are you not sure whether you need to see a GP? Then call and request a telephone consultation.
- Are you seriously ill, is it an emergency, or are you suffering from urgent complaints? Then immediately get in touch with one of the GP practices (see the VVV website). You can call the out-of-hours GP service in the evening, at night and during the weekends (0222-321143).
Any symptoms? Arrange to be tested!
Have you developed symptoms during your stay, which could be a sign of the coronavirus? Stay in your accommodation and only go outside to get tested. You can only be tested if you have made an appointment.
- Corona test location on Texel: Emmalaan 65, Den Burg. Appointments can only be made by telephone via 0800 1202 and not online.
- Rapid corona test on Texel: Reijer Keijserstraat 12, Den Burg. Make an appointment via www.sneltestcoronatexel.nl.
A corona self-test is a test to reassure yourself that you are not infected before going to school or work, or when you have symptoms associated with COVID-19. If your self-test produces a positive result, you also need to make a test appointment with the GGD (0800 1202) for confirmation of the result. Self-tests cannot be used as a pre-admission test for an event. Self-tests can be purchased from chemists and pharmacies.
Entry testing can be done on Texel
Valid proof that you do not have corona is required for some cultural, social or sporting activities or events. You can arrange to be tested for a negative test certificate in village hall De Hof, Nikadel 13, De Koog. You will need to make an appointment for a test. This can be arranged via www.testenvoortoegang.org.
- Don’t go on holiday if you have recently developed symptoms and/or if your family is obliged to stay at home as a result of a (possible) infection.
- Download the CoronaMelder app.
Current and local information
- You can find the most complete and up-to-date information on rijksoverheid.nl.
- Please read the government information about corona, travel and holidays.
- You can find information about a Safe Responsible Stay on Texel, as well as telephone numbers and addresses for the five GP practices on www.texel.net/Corona measures on Texel.
Even though the number of infections and hospital admissions are going down and the number of vaccinated people are going up, we haven’t yet got rid of the coronavirus. Part of the population is not (yet) vaccinated, or has only had one dose of the vaccination. The measures still in place have consequences for all of us. We can’t quite offer you the holiday you have been used to in previous years just yet. But please don’t forget that these measures are in place to guarantee everyone’s health and protection. The better we abide by the current measures, the quicker we’ll be able to get our complete freedom of movement back again.
We are counting on your cooperation!
On behalf of,
Mrs Josine Blanksma, on behalf of Texel’s GP’s
Mr Cees de Waal, Director at TESO
Mr. Frank Spooren, director at VVV Texel
Mr Michel Gregoire, Texel’s Entrepreneurial Platform
Mr. Michiel Uitdehaag, mayor of Texel.