Corona information in English
Will you be visiting Texel? Please read the information on the government’s website before your visit. This will provide you with details of all the measures you need to abide by. Make sure you check your own national government’s travel advice before leaving, too. We are counting on your cooperation.
The basic RIVM rules also apply on Texel
Please abide by the basic Dutch rules against the coronavirus. These rules apply to everyone.
TESO ferry & public transport
- You can purchase your ferry ticket before your departure on www.teso.nl.
- Take a look at any measures in place which apply to the ferry ports and on board before your departure on www.teso.nl. You will also find the latest timetable here.
- You can find information regarding all the measures currently in place on Texel’s public transport on www.texelhopper.nl.
- You can only visit GP practices by prior appointment
- Health complaints are dealt with over the phone as much as possible. Try to get in touch with your own GP during the week first, if at all possible.
- Are you not sure whether you need to see a GP? Then call and request a telephone consultation.
- Are you seriously ill, is it an emergency, or are you suffering from urgent complaints? Then immediately get in touch with one of the GP practices (see the VVV website). You can call the out-of-hours GP service in the evening, at night and during the weekends (0222-321143).
Any symptoms? Take a test!
Have you developed symptoms during your stay, which could be a sign of the coronavirus?
- Stay in your accommodation and do a self-test. More information about self-testing can be found on the website of the Dutch government.
- Do you need proof of recovery? Or are you unable to do a self-test? At coronatest.nl you can make an appointment to get tested at the municipal health service (GGD).
- Rapid corona test on Texel: Reijer Keijserstraat 12, Den Burg. Make an appointment via www.sneltestcoronatexel.nl.
- Don’t go on holiday if you have recently developed symptoms and/or if your family is obliged to stay at home as a result of a (possible) infection.
Current and local information
- You can find the most complete and up-to-date information on rijksoverheid.nl.
- Please read the government information about corona, travel and holidays.