Texelvignet - parking on Texel - parking card
Are you coming to Texel with your car or another vehicle? Paid parking applies in residential areas and at the beaches, so we recommend the Texel parking card: the Texelvignet. You can choose to buy a day ticket, a week ticket or a year ticket. Paid parking applies from Monday to Sunday from 8.00 to 20.00. You can buy your Texelvignet online, at a parking meter or at the town hall.
Did you buy a Texelvignet last year? Then you should check the expiration date of this card first. This information is included in the confirmation email of your purchase. Can’t find your confirmation email? Call 0031 222 – 362121.
Day ticket, week ticket or annual ticket
- A day ticket is valid for 24 hours and costs € 10,-.
- A week ticket is valid for 8 days and costs € 20,-.
- An annual ticket is valid for 365 days (from the start date you choose) and costs € 30,-.
You do not have to buy a Texelvignet. You can also pay as usual at the parking meter. This costs € 2,50 per hour. Or you use a parking app.
Maximum parking time in Den Burg, De Koog and Oudeschild
At a few places in Den Burg, De Koog and Oudeschild, a maximum parking time applies. In these places, you must indicate your time of arrival with the blue parking disk. The places in question are specified below. You can also check them on this map of Texel.
Maximum parking time in Den Burg
- the inner ring of Den Burg: up to 2 hours (everywhere in the Beatrixlaan, Emmalaan and Bernhardlaan)
- P-terrain of Albert Heijn: between 9.00 and 17.00 up to 1 hour
- P-terrein Vogelenzang: up to 2 hours
- Parkstraat and the first 4 parking spaces of the Burgwal: up to 30 minutes
Maximum parking time in De Koog
- P-terrain Lidl: between 9.00 and 17.00 up to 1 hour
- De Brink and Parnassiastraat: up to 2 hours
Maximum parking time Oudeschild
- Heemskerckstraat between J.C. Rijpstraat and Barentzstraat: up to 2 hours
Frequently asked questions about the Texelvignet
You can buy your Texelvignet online, at a parking meter or at the town hall. Cash payment is only possible at the town hall.
How to buy a Texelvignet online or at the parking meter
- You can buy the Texelvignet online or at a parking meter. You can also pay via a parking app on your smartphone.
- Enter your licence plate number and choose a ticket.
- You can pay online via iDEAL, Sofort, PayPal, Mastercard or Visa. At a parking meter, you can also pay with your cash card or credit card.
- Are you paying online? You will receive an email with your receipt and your digital parking rights. If you pay at a parking meter, you will receive a receipt.
Parking attendants will scan the licence plates of parked cars. They will be able to see if you have a valid Texelvignet.
Paid parking is available from Monday to Sunday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. (including public holidays).
Yes. If you park any of these vehicles in a parking space or on a parking terrain where paid parking applies, you will also need a Texelvignet.
If you come to Texel with a vehicle. Are you not sure which car you will take? Then you should wait for a while, so you won’t have to request a licence plate change (€ 13,00) later on.
Do you not want your licence plate registered? Then you cannot buy a Texelvignet.
You can use a parking app on your smartphone to pay.
You can also buy a Texelvignet at the town hall during opening hours.
No. If you have a European Disabled Parking Permit, that will be sufficient.
Please note: on parking terrains and in parking spaces with a maximum parking time, you need your parking permit as well as your blue parking disk. You must use the blue parking disk to indicate your arrival time.
Your Texelvignet is valid for 365 days from the start date you choose. A day ticket is valid for 24 hours from the start date- and time you choose. A week ticket for 8 days.
Unfortunately, you can’t check this online. Please call the phone number 14 0222.
No, that won’t be necessary. You can transfer your Texelvignet for € 13,00. Please use the form Licence Plate Change. You must include the indemnity statement and the new registration certificate (ascription). If you have a lease car, you must include the proof of return and the new registration certificate.
No, that is not possible. You cannot transfer your parking rights in these cases. You can only transfer your parking rights if you get a new car. Please use the form Licence Plate Change in order to do so. You must include the indemnity statement and the new registration certificate (ascription).
No. No new parking meters are added. We expect that more and more people will be buying the Texelvignet in advance.
No, that is not possible. The Parking Fees Regulation 2023 states that cancellation or reimbursement is not possible.
In Den Burg, you can park your camper on the parking terrain “Sporthal” at the Emmalaan 51. In De Koog, you can use the parking terrain “Stappeland” at the Nikadel 75. Spending the night in a camper is only allowed on campsites. Wild camping is prohibited throughout the Netherlands for the preservation of nature.